Depth of Field is a collection of work created over the past two years using field recordings and computer generated sounds. The title draws a sonic parallel with photography and visual imagery in terms of the relative clarity or presence of background and foreground content and the interplay and movement between the two ideas. Downloads available @ philipmantione.bandcamp.com
Non_1_to_12 is a series of non works: non-musical, non-textual, non-performative, non-durational, non-material, non-instrumental, non-experimental, non-action, non-consensual, non-explained, non-fluxus, non-silence, non-sound, non-cochlear, non-noise, non-object, non-non-musical, non-non-textual, non-non-performative, non-non-durational, non-non-material, non-non-instrumental, non-non-experimental, non-non-action, non-non-consensual, non-non-explained, non-non-fluxus, non-non-silence, non-non-sound, non-non-cochlear, non-non-noise, non-non-object.
Recent and Upcoming Events
- "Festival Futura 2013" - France - "Social Immune System" presented in this acousmatic sound festival (August 2013).
- "Ear Meal" - Los Angeles, CA; Featured performance on this webcast hosted by Alan Nakagawa and streamed on laartstream.com (April 3, 2013)
- "Experimental Sound for Visual Artists and Filmmakers" - Riverside Art Museum, Riverside CA; Organized this two day event featuring a series of workshops and performances supported by a grant from Metlife Creative Connections and Meet The Composer (February 16-17, 2013).
- "Music for Two Cars @ Autry Overlook" - 8601 Mulholland Drive, Los Angeles, CA; A collaborative sound installation created with Daniel Eaton. Included in the Mulholland Dérive event(December 9, 2012).
- Manipulated Image: "memory and identity" - Arena 1 Gallery, Santa Monica, CA; A sound installation included in this event also featuring performances and experimental video screenings (April 29, 2012).
- AvantKino - Seeing Eye to Eye - Freies Museum Berlin - Germany;ImXCocteau, video screening. Music for the video by Alysse Stepanian. (February 25, 2012).
- Gwen Frostic School of Art - Atrium Gallery - Western Michigan University; ImXCocteau, Video installation. Music for the video by Alysse Stepanian. Curated by Adriane Little. (January - February 2012).
- SFNM - Southwest Festival of New Music; Depth of Field and Social Immune System to be included in this festival honoring the centennial of the birth of John Cage. The event will feature the premiere of a new piece by Christian Wolff. (June 2012).
- Ear to the Earth:100xJohn - Participating composer in this project honoring the centennial of the birth of John Cage. Sponsored by the Electronic Music Foundation(2012).
- John Donald Robb Composers' Symposium 2012; Traffic, World Premiere performance of a new brass quintet, UNM, Albuquerque, NM (March 2012).
- "Zeppelin 2011 - Sounds In Cause/Soundscape and Economic Change"; Social Immune System, 16 Channel sound piece at the Centre de Cultura Contemporània in Barcelona(CCCB)(December 2011).
- "Chopped and Stretched"; Sonata for Teeth, sound piece at this exhibition at Drift Station, Lincoln, Nebraska(September/October 2011).
- "LOL: A Decade of Antic Art"; auditionherefreebeer, included in this exhibition at the Baltimore Contemporary Museum (June 2011).
- FILE 2011 - Electronic Language International Festival - Hypersonica; Fabrics, included in this international festival (for the second straight year) at the SESI' Cultural Centre in San Paulo, Brazil (July 2011).
- Lightworks 2011; Fabrics, included in this festival of film, sound and new media that takes place in Grimsby Minster, Grimsby (UK).
- Wet Sounds 2011; Valuri, included this traveling installation in Europe. In Wet Sounds, "the listening space is split into two distinct spaces. Underwater, sound fills perception but despite it being absorbed by the ears and body, listening is a silent and detached yet intimate experience. Overwater, sound interacts with the resonant swimming pool space. Other people's actions such as moving in the water or talking become part of the listening experience. Listening shifts from an internal experience underwater, to an external one outside, uniting in the mid point in a floating position on the water surface." Joel Cahen